The Ultra-Sil™ Day Pack won the Backpacker Editors' Choice Gold Award in 2017, meaning this little pack has stood the test of time and sustained its best-in-class status for more than 5 years. It is perfect for a summit pack, carrying groceries when on foot, on a bike or as an extra traveling tote. The tiny packed size of this perennial bestseller fits easily onto your key ring, in a jacket pocket or a purse. Reinforced bar-tacks at all stress points enable it to withstand loads many, many times its own weight.
With non-padded shoulder straps, our load limit recommendation for maximum comfort is 15 lbs / 7 Kg.
- The Ultra-Sil Day Pack won the Backpacker Editors’ Choice Gold award, 2017
- Packs down small so it easily fits in pockets, purses or luggage
- Stuff sack has an attached carabiner
- Simple, streamlined design so it's light and low profile
- Siliconized CORDURA® fabric for strength and durability
- Bartack reinforced stitching on all stress points
- Two-way zipper closure
- Reinforced shoulder straps for increased carrying comfort
- Webbing daisy-chain attachment point can hold a bike light
IS THE ULTRASIL DAYPACK…
Waterproof? No; it is only water-resistant. Even though the pack is made of a waterproof material, water can enter the pack through the seams (which are not sealed) and through the zipper. A few minutes of light rain would not be a problem, but a downpour would result in the contents of the pack getting wet.
Going to last? With correct care (and realistic expectations), yes. Backpacker Magazine staff have used the same pack for over five years – but contact with sharp objects or abrasive surfaces can damage the fabric in a short space of time.
Capable of carrying heavy weights? Yes and no. The seams and materials will support a surprising amount of weight. But – the pack and shoulder straps are not padded, so we would not suggest carrying anything above 15 lbs / 7 kg for anything more than a short duration.